Jan 16, 2009

My Niece's exam

My niece got 98 in (Mandarin) language, 90 in Math and 92 in English in the last exam.
But her mother seemed not happy about that score. Why?

Good score! That is exactly what I thought when my sister told me about it. But she said she was not happy with the Math exam score her daughter (my niece) got. When I asked her why. She told me because my niece only ranked No. 20 after the exam.

Holly! That means the other students of my niece class got even higher scores. So amazing... They are talented students.

But what so bad about the 90 in Math? Nothing, my niece just made some mistakes in Math exam. But all the pressure she got after get that 90 score... coming from her mother, her classmates, etc. That's not fair!

That's typical in China. After all these years, imagine these poor young students in China. They get too much pressure by tons of exams.

You know how old my niece is? Only 7 years old.