Dec 13, 2007

Be Creative and Have Fun


My son seems to be interested in music and songs a lot. He is always singing songs he learnt from school. One day I sang "Jingel Bell", he asked me to sing it dozens of times. So I searched the internet and download it so that he could listen to it as many times as he wants.

We got him a colorful toy piano when he was one year old. These days he was trying play "Jingel Bell" on his toy piano. I knew he could not figure out by himself how to play it correctly. He didn't even know Do-Re-Mi.

Suddenly an idea came to my mind. I created a score by drawing colorful dots according to the notes of the song. Each dot represents one piano key of the same color. First I showed him how to play according to my score. Now he can easily play it. We both have a lot of fun!